Unnecessary teeth gaps can be the reason for a person’s shy smile. These gaps may be as a result of an accident or disease. Tooth Implants work effectively in such cases. They have proven to fix the teeth gaps by placing an artificial tooth as a replacement. This replacement tooth looks exactly like an original one. It functions in the same way too but is made of titanium.
Dental implants have proven to be an effective long-term solution to dental problems caused by damaged, broken or lost teeth. The entire process might take a long time, depending on the situation of the patient. Firstly the base is laid on the jawbone of the person where the tooth would be placed. After it fixes in the jawbone, the implant or the artificial tooth is placed in it.
Dental Implants is a cosmetic procedure that has a high success rate and is popular among people. However, it has its own set of pros and cons. Here, we discuss these points for you to decide the best.
What are the pros?
- The implants are self-sufficient when it comes to seeking support from neighboring teeth. These won’t be affected by the damage of the nearby tooth.
- They function like normal teeth and poses no difficulty to the person in chewing or talking. It also looks the same.
- People reportedly have better dental health after getting an implant.
What are the cons?
- It requires your maintenance. After the implant, you would be required to take care of it by regularly brushing and flossing your teeth.
- For smokers, the success rate might not be satisfactory.
- Since it involves the surgical process, people might have side effects in the form of infections. However, this happens rarely.
- Implants are time-taking procedures. It takes up to six months for the procedure to be complete as it involves multiple steps.
- Not suitable for people with osteoporosis or other health complication.
- The procedure can be costly.
Overall, it is a safe and effective long term investment. Implants can help replace misplaced teeth and the lost confidence of the person.